Wednesday 28 June 2017

Week 5

Sawaat dii kha! Sitdee rak khrobkhrua khong sidtee maak maak! 

So... This week has been good, but I also feel worn out. I want to work harder so I can learn more but I think if I did that I'd burn out... so pray for my mental learning capacity to be expanded (if that makes any sense!). 
Happy Birthday Ben!!! 
This week us sisters have started watercoloring to help us destress, we gather all of our treats from packages and we play uno and watercolor and write in our journals and it's been so great! One of the sisters got the half way package with sparking cider in it, so on our one month mark, we celebrated (for like 20 min and then it was quiet/bed time)! It's crazy for me to think that I have 17 months left. I feel like I need to work harder to make the most out of these 17 months that I have left and really give it my all. 
This week the Provo MTC has been playing host to the mission president seminar, and so all of our meals have been somewhere else, and it has kind of been crazy... they've run out of food a few times, so once last week I ate 2 brownies, honeydew and a plate of chicken nuggets for dinner. Haha it's been good though! 
Thank you mom and dad for the packages!!!! I really don't know what I'm going to do with the chocolate (I'll probably make the elders take most of it) but sister Bingham, Roberts, and Engstrom loved all of the Canadian stuff and they are looking forward with much eagerness for Canada day lol. 
Last Wednesday our district was chosen to do "people and our purpose" (a class for new missionaries on their first day) and we had to be the 'experienced missionaries" and talk in front of 50 ish missionaries to an investigator and set the stage so that the new missionaries could get to know the investigator and try to teach them. It was a cool experience. 
Our district was also chosen to have A mission president come and teach us with his wife and we had to prepare a small lesson for that. Sis. B and I went to the cambodian district for that to help even out numbers, and also to help translate a little for the Elder who is from Thailand who doesn’t speak english. I always love trying to help him how (we all do) and practicing our thai, and he helps us pronounce things right :)

I've got a little bit of a cold from eating junk food and stress and two of the elders were sick too (ugh...)

Sister Binham and I taught the District mtg. lesson on sunday, and it went really well! It's so nice to teach in english every now and then. It was about doubting our doubts and fortifying our faith. I definitely needed it, and I think so did the rest of our district because we are all under pressure. One of my favourite scriptures that we used was 3 Nephi 22:7-10 and John 6:67-68. I know that God loves us and even in times when it may feel like He isn't there, his arms of "everlasting kindness" are always there. We are all children learning to walk and Heavenly Father is there for us if we fall :) I have come to love the scriptures more than I ever have before. EVERYONE: read the scriptures! Just do it! I know that when we read the words of Jesus Christ, especially the Book of Mormon, we will recieve so much help and so many blessings. This gospel is true and it brings so much joy and light into my life. 

Everyday is a battle against discouragement or a lack of motivation sometimes to be honest, but God always blesses me with more than the amount of discouragement I sometimes feel, and I love being able to see His hand in my life so much! 

The language is super hard. keep praying for me! 
I've been thinking about this scripture a lot: Ether 12:27. I know that with God, my weaknesses will become strengths.
There is rumor that one of the Apostles will be speaking at the devotional tonight!

I love you all! Read the scriptures! 

Sister Peterson


1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I'm Thai memberšŸ˜ƒThank you so much for serving a mission and changing people's lives for the better!! Hope you will serve in my ward.

    ReplyDelete

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...