Monday 20 August 2018

What stops you?

I asked this question "what stops you?" to my companion yesterday morning after seeing it on a skyscraper billboard. She replied in Thai: Nothing but red lights at intersections!" 555 After hearing that I had an unstoppable attitude the rest of the day! As I was thinking about that question "what stops you?" I was thinking "nothing should stop me, I can do all things with Christ's help. I can overcome anything and achieve the "impossible".  The only thing that stops me is my own fear or laziness, but with Jesus Christ, I can overcome that too! Anyways there's the motivational piece for this week.

This week we had switch offs, and I went with a greenie who has only been in country for a week! She reminded me of myself over a year ago, and I was able to see how far I have come and how much potential she has. With my new responsibility of being a Sister Training Leader there are more responsibilities, but I love being able to work with and help out newer missionaries. 

On Saturday, we were taking the MRT (underground train) and there was a man standing next to me. I usually don't begin conversations with men on the deadly silent MRT, but I had the thought "what the heck I can just say hi." So I did.... long story short, he came to church the next day and the Elders are going to teach him. I am still so happy about that

At church yesterday, I translated for 2 tourists who happened to be from Cardston! So that was way cool! 

The city is growing on me, even though I miss my rice fields. I just love Thailand ❤🇹🇭

ซิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...