Wednesday 31 October 2018

My joy is full






Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!! 

"For this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation..." 
Alma 26 in the Book of Mormon (a chapter that helped me through my mission) 

I was able to go on a switch off in Samut Prakarn which is the neighbouring area of my greenie area of Bangna. It was such a good switch off with the lovely Sister Mader. On the way back, I saw the place where as a greenie I invited and contacted people constantly. Then, when we got on the sky train, for some reason instead of waiting at the first door, I kept walking down (I hadn't noticed I had done this, until Sister Mader pointed it out later) and then we sat down in a random spot with not a lot of people around. Then a few stations down, I look over, and someone I recognized sat in on of the empty seats a few spots over. She was a girl who had (over a year ago) learned with the other missionaries. I recognized her right away and REMEMBERED HER NAME. She remembered me too. I was able to talk with her and ask how she was doing. She didn't remember how to pray and so I was able to teach her that again. I felt like me seeing her again, and the fact that I recognized her and remembered her name was evidence of God's love for her and that He hasn't given up on her. God never does give up on us. 

I have been really happy and grateful this whole week just being a missionary. I love this work. But I am happy because when I go home, I won't stop being a missionary. 

Saturday: our investigator Aun in the last week has been progressing in her faith and conversion so so well and was interviewed for baptism! She passed! She was so happy and excited to be baptized.
Sunday was such a good day. We went to go help sister Bee (who was baptized last month) and helped her organize a few things so she could stay at church in the evening for a special fireside. THEN, we had Aun's baptism after church. It was such a beautiful and simple service. She and the Elder's investigator (who I and Sister Rogers on a switch off actually contacted at first and then reffered to the Elders) were baptized. The room was packed full of members and some people of interest all there to support. As Somchai went into the water first, I remembered the first time I met him, and how after we walked away when we thought he wasn't interested, Sister Rogers heard him call after us and asked if we could go back and teach him more about Jesus Christ. Then I remembered how last transfer, me and my companion Sister Bluem prayed to find a family in a specific week that would be baptized in the next few months. Then one evening that week, we were contacting in a park and I saw Aun and her sister and Mom and her son. At first I'm sure I was very awkward in trying to talk to them. I invited them to learn English at first, but then Aun saw the church's name on the card and totally lit up. She had been waiting for people who taught about Jesus Christ to come and teach her. And now, she has come so far and has been baptized. Her sister is also going to be baptized in a few weeks. I am just so in awe at the miracles God can do in the lives of His children. 

I love Elder Renlund's talk from this last general conference. I wish more would really understand the principles in that talk.
 
In the evening on Sunday, there was a fireside (a church devotional meeting) where Elder Tad Callister and Elder Meurs (cool right?!) Spoke!! Its was so good! AND many people from Bangna were there and remembered me!! I was so happy to see the people who so graciously welcomed me and took care of me when I first came to Thailand. They all said that I was way better at speaking Thai too haha. I love and cherish the friendships I have made here. These people are so wonderful. I love them so much. 

More than that, I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I have learned the significance and necessity and magnitude of Heavenly Father's plan for all of us and about how Jesus Christ's gospel is the way we can be successful in Heavenly Father's plan. I invite all of you to take a leap and learn about God's plan and how you and your family can be together forever through following Christ. This will change your life and you will be happy. 

I love you all. See you soon! 

Love, 
ซิสเตอร์  พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...