Tuesday 18 July 2017

Week 8 - Last week in the MTC!


Hello everyone! This is it! This time next week I'll be on a 15 hr plane to Hong Kong, and from there to Bangkok! I am very excited, but scared (naturally), as I can barely say my name tag! 

 -All of us with our flight plans! (fr. L to R: S. Roberts, S. Rogers, S. Pherson, S. Engstrom, Me, S. Hall, S. Shaw, and the lovely S. Bingham front and centre.)​



Thank you Sister Juli Miller for the treats!  We ate them all in less than 10 minutes!

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon, and let me tell you, it gets better and better every time I read it! Immediately after I had finished I had the thought "Well, what have you learned?" and with out even thinking, my automatic response in my head was "To come unto Christ!" The Book of Mormon is amazing, and it has helped me come unto Christ so much, especially while being here at the MTC.  
I've been having a hard time opening my mouth and trusting that God will help me know what to say when I need to say it, for fear of making a mistake, or confusing the investigators. I talked with one of my teachers, Sister Peck, and she was able to help me a bit ðŸ™‚ We read Doctrine and Covenants 33, and then talked about having to make at least 30,000 mistakes when learning a language in order to get a good grasp on it. If I never open my mouth, I won't ever make those mistakes and learn from them and then in turn get better at Thai! So I had a little bit of an attitude change, and tried to open my mouth more and try to let God help me with my words. And when I made a mistake, instead of feeling upset about it, I would say "Yay! I made another mistake. One mistake closer to 30,000!" It sounds ridiculous, but it helps me haha! 

One of our 'investigators', Pat (I really don't like writing Thai in romanized anymore, but I have to with this keyboard, I would rather write in Thai script) is getting baptized this week! We love her so much! She is so willing to follow Christ and is eager to learn! I want to be like her have have the same willingness as Pat! 

Yesterday I was able to help with the MTC 'test run' tours, so that was pretty sweet! 

Today I have the opportunity to help clean the Provo Temple! I am so happy that I have one more opportunity to be in the temple before I leave, even if it's just for cleaning. ðŸ˜Š
I think I have decided that Moroni 7 is my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. Read it! 

 I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to me a missionary! In these 2 months my testimony of Jesus Christ and the Gospel has increased so much! I love the Gospel so much, and I know that if we trust God, and in His son Jesus Christ, live the gospel, and are willing to do what God asks of us, our lives will be better than we could have imagined, and that we will receive answers to questions, comfort in trials, and joy beyond measure.😊  

Love you all! 
Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...