Wednesday 12 July 2017

Week 7 - Asian Squatting

Has she finally "lost it"?

Practicing


Holy Cow, 7 weeks in the MTC. Only 2 more to go! I feel like I've always been here. But I will be excited to talk to "real people" once I'm in Thailand, I think I'm around too many missionaries here haha. It's all good though!

This week we got to Skype TRC (Skype a member in Thailand and have a lesson! It was so good! I loved the girl we were able to talk with, and I was able to understand her most of the time! (She may or may not have thrown in a few English words to help us out, but still!) From that experience, I have only gotten more excited to go to Thailand!!!

This week, we also got around 40 new missionaries added to our zone! 2 classes of new Thai missionaries, and 2 classes of new Vietnamese missionaries. I love helping the new Thai missionaries when they have language or MTC life questions! 

This week I have been working really hard, and practicing my Asian squat (yes, I know you were all thinking that I was going to put down studying the language, or working hard at something missionary-esque). If I do it for too long it feels like my ankles will go numb, but for the most part, I quite enjoy the asian squat position. The one pic of Sister Bingham taking a selfie, and me squatting in the background (I know it's a bad pic of me, but I was squatting down beside the brother of Jared. In the mural and I didn't know she was taking a picture!)

I forgot to take pictures on my camera, so all of these are from other people. Hence why most of these pictures of me are weird haha. 

This week, besides working really hard at improving my ability to asian squat, I have been trying to be more diligent. I want to be a "Go To" missionary and always want to be dependable. I've also have been trying to be diligent even if I'm tired - which is hard! Some scriptures that I really like are:
Moroni 9:6 
D&C 130:19 - Advantage given to those who are diligent and obedient. They will be blessed with knowledge and intelligence. 
2 Peter 1:10
2 Corinthian 8:7 - abound in diligence, love, and grace. 

I challenge you all to be diligent in whatever work you are doing this week at home! I know that God blesses the diligent. Jesus Christ was always diligent, and as His representative, I should try my hardest to be diligent too! Although I can never be as diligent as Him while on my mission, I can always do better, and give my best. And once I've given my best, I can give a little bit more! ðŸ˜Š
Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...