Monday 1 October 2018

I wish my life was a movie

I have said "I wish my life was a movie" so many times this week with Sister Shaw. So many cool, weird, interesting stuff has happened. 

One of those moments: we were teaching a new investigator who is actually from Burma. She didn't speak Thai that clear so it was interesting to begin with trying to communicate with her. Then her friend who was also Burmese came, and so me and my companion are trying to teach them in the heat at Lumpini Park. Then this (probably homeless) guy comes and is trying to see what we are doing. Then he holds his hands out towards the sky and stands there for a few minutes. So weird. We were like 'what in the world is going on?' 

Another one of those moments: We decide to visit an investigator who hasn't been coming to church in a few weeks. When we get there, she was tearing apart a piece of flooring using the biggest kitchen knife along with a hammer. We were slightly confused, but then we asked if she was going to go to church with us or not. She came!! 

On this app called LINE we found a contact that was a former investigator. We contacted her and set up an appointment. When we met with her, she seemed slightly annoyed that we had wanted to meet with her and asked if our appointment would take a long time. I said no, so we just decided to teach her prayer seeing that she didn't want to be with us for very long. We painfully taught her prayer because she didn't understand a lot of it/wasn't paying attention. So I just started speaking very straightforward with her and asked if she loved Jesus Christ. She said yes. I asked if she wanted to follow Christ. She said yes. Then I felt to invite her to be baptized. So I did. She accepted! 

We met with a woman who doesn't come to church anymore. We have been trying to build her trust and her faith to come back. It was her birthday and she wanted to spend it with us!! We met with her and made her a little card with a picture of Christ. She hugged and kissed the card! Then we showed her the "Because of Him" video and she began to cry. She opened up and we were able to see more of the "whole iceberg" of her problem. She doesn't have friends at church. 
So please go find the one that needs a friend. 

Love, Sister Peterson

This picture captures Thailand!

Most of our original MTC group.  Current companion Sister Shaw has the long braid and black and white striped dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...