Monday 31 July 2017

First week in Thailand!

Good bye MTC companion!



With her trainer
Wow this has been.... crazy!  I really don't know where to begin! 

It was sad to leave the MTC and say goodbye to my teachers. I am also realizing now that the MTC was a dream, as in life was so easy there. 
On the plane from Salt Lake to LA I talked with this guy from Korea who isn't a member. He was really nice and I gave him a Book of Mormon! 
It was so nice to be able to finally meet President and Sister Johnson too! Yes, Thailand is hot and humid. I have never sweated so much. Our first day we went to the park where President Hinckley dedicated Thailand for missionary work. While on the way there we were supposed to talk to everyone and give them pass along cards. So hard. While at the park we saw a huge lizard creature the size of a big turtle. 
My companion is Sister Courchaine :) She's a really good missionary :)
When I got to my area (Bangna, south Bangkok) we planned, and then we went straight to the church for a church tour and then taught the restoration! 
Because I really don't have much time, I'll try to summarize.... 
Taught on a boat and I extended the invitation to be baptized. 
All of the people we teach live in very humble circumstances. Often they live in a small apartment with only one bed, so we all sit on the edge of the bed and teach. 
There are so many different smells here, it's kind of hard to get used to them all. 
Yes, the language is hard. 
The members here are really nice and are awesome at missionary work! A lot of our investigators are referrals! 
Today for P-day we went to an island! Yes, we are allowed to stand in the water :)
Love, Sister Peterson 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...