Monday 15 October 2018

Janey Too




Last Monday: we picked up a Sister from Burma (I can't remember if I included some of this last week, but I will write about it this week anyways.) Janey Too has been a member for little over two years. She had never ridden in a plane before and has never been to another country either. She was amazed by all the small things. Escalators, the Waterway transportation, our MRT cards. She had never seen a real church building before, so we gave her a tour of the church. Then she helped us teach an investigator! She bore powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon, which she has not yet read in her native language (it is still being translated into Burmese), she has only read it in English, and was able to read the whole Book in 2 months. Amazing. We took her to president's house for dinner, and then she was set apart as a missionary! It was so cool to see that as I come to the end of my mission, and this sister begins hers. I remembered my setting apart blessing (making me a missionary) and the peace that I felt from that. This sweet sister has never been to America or out of her country, but she faced the airport the next morning (at 4 am!!) So bravely. Sister Shaw and I were a little worried, just trying to make sure that she had every thing she needed, but she was just calm and told us that the senior couple gave her a blessing and that she knew she would be ok. Such faith. 

I went on a switch off in Thonburi and worked there for a day! Such a cool part of Bangkok. 

Met with this really cute girl for the second time that I met earlier this transfer. She was so excited to learn how to pray! Then we rushed to the other side of our area to meet 2 potiential investigators who fed us dinner! But then it turned out that they just wanted to be our friends and not actually hear the message of the gospel. Awkward when we tried to share... 

But other than that, we have been having great teaching opportunities and I pinch myself every lesson to make sure that it is real. I am trying to cherish every minute left! I cherish the opportunities I have to recite Joseph Smith's first vision, or bear testimony about Jesus Christ. It is the best. :)  

General Conference has been awesome! I love the straightforward and bold guidance we received!! 

รักนะ 

ซิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...