Sunday 20 August 2017

Week 4 "For this is my life!"

Crazy crazy week. 
News flash: We had a baptism!!!!!! Like a really last min baptism. 

Last P-day (which was Wednesday b/c of zone conf.) I held and fed a baby tiger! We went to a crocodile farm and watched a crocodile show!
We went on switch off's with the STL's and my comp for the day was Thai, and she was awesome! I learned lots and left feeling way excited about spreading the gospel. :)

Earlier this week I was reading Alma 26, where Ammon rejoices in the goodness of God. I realized that I am doing the same work that Ammon was. "my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.... FOR THIS IS MY LIFE, my light, my salvation, etc.. That really hit home for me, and I am so grateful that this is my life for just a short time to help spread the joy that comes from Christ. 

 "Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves." President Gordon B. Hinckley

During switch off's Sister Courchaine got a call from an old investigator. This lady had learned the gospel a few months ago and wanted to be baptized, but was held back because she was in a bad relationship. fast forward to this week, she got out of the relationship, and we reviewed the lessons and commandments with her. And she got baptized yesterday! I wish I had a picture (I'll get it later) of Sister บีม. And guess what else? I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost! Ahhhhhh IN THAI!!! I was so grateful for that experience though! I was able to catch a little glipmse of the significance of this work and a glimpse of God's love for Sister บีม

The funniest part of my week was at church. There is this REALLY old lady that comes to church every now and then and she has to have her two daughters help her, she should probably have a walker, but she just walks hunched over. She LOVES the missionaries. and she will hold your hand and pull you in for a hug. So she did this to me (she has before) but this time was well, extra special because she pulled me in, but because she hunches over her head is at like my stomach, so then she pulls my head down, and I thought she was going in for the kill, I mean for a kiss, and so I turn my head so it lands on my cheek (because I have experience from visiting Great Grandma Callahan and her giving me grandma kisses) but instead of a kiss, she gets really close and then SNIFFS my cheek with all of the force she could muster, and then nestles her head into my uh.. bosom. 😂 And then she hobbled away. Love that lady. I don't even know her name. So yeah in Thailand and a few other SE asian countries, to show affection, you sniff the person. It's more of a Grandmotherly way to show her posterity affection. hahaha I was so startled and shocked when I got sniffed. 

I hope you are all doing well! Be grateful for everything! I send to you all lots of hugs and sniffs! 

Love, Sister Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...