Monday 7 August 2017

Week 2






Hello! This week has been awesome! I am still adjusting, but I am loving this! 

This week the members had an open house for their new church building, and they went all out! It was so good for missionary work! One of the members brought 15 friends! We also taught mini classes of English and the members had us wear Thai traditional clothes too! We sang in the choir and the members put on a traditional Thai dance with drums and everything! 

The traffic is crazy! Every man for himself and no one wears seatbelts. It's also on the opposite side of the road! Sometimes we have to just walk out into traffic and hope that they stop in order to cross the street! I love riding Song Tows, it reminds me of riding in the back of grandma and grandpa's truck on the farm! 

I already love our investigators so much and always hope that they feel of God’s love and the truthfulness of the gospel and how the gospel will change their life. We call street contacting inviting and we usually do it at the sky train station or on the way to the mall if we have an appointment there (best place to meet someone). Usually people just assume that I only speak English and will say "no, no speak" and then they realize that I'm actually speaking Thai and then I ask them if they have ever been to church before or if they have ever learned about Christ. And then a lot of them will smile and say that I speak good Thai (I don't, they are just so kind) and then they'll say "Sadana Bud" (Buddhist) but then I'll give them a card anyways and tell them about English class. Not everyone is that nice and sometimes I'll just start walking with that person who doesn't stop and keep talking to them and make sure I get a pass along card in their hand! There are so many here who don't know of Jesus Christ, and how badly we need Him! 
Always be grateful that you have learned of Christ and take the opportunity that is always before you to develop a personal relationship with Him!

A funny experience: This one way solid member gave us 4 referrals! They were 4 Burmese boys here as workers. When they came down the stairs for the appointment, they were so startled to see 2 falangs (white) girls haha. They were all around our age, and knew next to nothing about Jesus. It was also hard to understand them because Thai isn't either of our first language. They look like punks and have a few tattoos and earrings, but they don't have any face tattoos so that's good! The member says that they are pretty good, hard working boys, so lets all pray that they get BAPTIZED! We got 12 new investigators this week, which is awesome! 

Always have a heart of gratitude. You are so blessed to live in the conditions that you live in, and to have clean water and a house, and clean streets.
I love God and I am here in Thailand to spread the joy of the Gospel and to rescue my family 😊❤
Love Sister Peterson
P.S. Yogurt pop.... it's amazing



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...