Monday 25 September 2017

Week 9.. I think...Getting people to church is like....



Hello everyone! I have learned a lot this week! 

Last P-day we went to Chinatown and I bought some Thai fabric! I love it so much. The Thai fabric is so beautiful!
On Tuesday I had an interview with President Johnson, and he's awesome. He has the ability to make anyone fell good about themselves after visiting with him, which is a gift that I hope to one day have! 
The common theme of pretty much any missionary’s life, but especially mine this week has been pid nats (cancellations) after pid nat after pid nat. It's way frustrating, but I am slowly learning that other people cancelling on us doesn't mean I'm not successful. 
A few weeks ago during one of our inviting times Sister M was talking to one person, and we kind of have this rule that if your companion is talking to a person, you shouldn't be standing there with them because you miss the other people walking past without giving them the chance to hear where the church is or just to hear Jesus Christ's name. So anyways I saw this person, and asked if they want to go to church, and this person was actually kind of interested. So I got their number and we went our way. But I made the mistake of forgetting to call right away (rookie mistake) but we finally got around to it. Turns out she really struggles, and has been needing a change, or to just know that God loves her. She said "I have a lot of problems, but then Peterson told me about the church." She also cried the first time she prayed. 

Yesterday a lot of our investigators said they couldn't come to church (so annoying), and then one last min said he was sick... So we decided to go the long way to church in hopes that we could talk to a few people. There was no one, so we kept walking and we see this one guy ACROSS the busy street, and we wave him down and tell him to come over here. He actually did which is crazy and we said "Come to church with us!" AND HE DID! He stayed for all three hours, and stayed for the Elder's baptism after too and said "Wow thank you for taking me here. I want to come back, this is what I have been missing in my life." Such a miracle. It made my day especially since our other investigators didn't come. 
 This week I have been able to realize how grateful I am to be a missionary and to teach people how to talk to their Father in Heaven, why Jesus Christ is so important - essential, and to even just teach people how to sing hymns in sacrament. I am so grateful to be able to "persuade my brethren to believe in Christ and to be reconciled to God... We preach of Christ so that they may know to what source they may look for a remission of sin" 2 Ne 25 ish I think. 

Love, Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...