Tuesday 10 October 2017

Week 11 BACK IN BLACK




Hello everyone! This week was pretty good! I feel like it was a more effective week, and that always feels good. Daily planning is super important in that, and just to be willing to do what God wants me to do is what makes the work effective and the days fulfilling - if that makes sense... you know?

Back in Black - The 9th King of Thailand passed away almost a year ago, and for this month of October President Johnson has asked us to wear black out of respect for the King. So that means I wear the same black t-shirt everyday haha. "I only work in black." 

Last P-Day my companion's Grandma visited her from Udon (because my comp is half Thai, and a lot of her family is in Thailand) so Grandma fed us and took us grocery shopping to stock us up on food! I look so tall compared to Grandma and Great Aunt! (refer to attached photo). 

Sister Maskovich's parents and brother were also in Thailand, so they fed us too (yes we had permission), AND a member and her visiting friend wanted to feed the missionaries on another day, and the members (especially Sister Gahb) ALWAYS gives us food, like mooping, sticky rice, cheese tarts, etc. I think everyone wants me fat... 
The members are so awesome here. They are So willing to help teach - they ASK to help. They always give us food, and THEY just organized an activity for recent converts and investigators to help them feel more welcomed and to get to know them better. They gave out prizes and played games, so awesome. 
A member gave me cherry blossom flavored toothpaste this week. I also tried mango sticky rice flavored cookies too. Haha I love Thailand.
We've had some challenges with like all of our investigators except for one. I learned a hard lesson when we had a lesson with a newer investigator (who likes to talk about her problems a lot and won't come to church) and I have a really hard time having patience with people like that. So yeah the lesson wasn't really directed by the spirit and she and her brother just kept going off on how they are too busy, have karma holding them back, that we don't understand because we're white, etc. Ouch. And then the member who was present in the lesson gave us um... corrective criticism on the lesson. Yeah rough. If we had the Holy Ghost with us (and if I didn't let myself get frustrated inside) it would have been better, even though the investigators weren't that cooperative. But it's not about that, I just need to try the best that I can to teach with the spirit, and that is all that matters. 

"Some things matter, some things don't. Some things last. Some things won't." -Neill Marriott, Women's Conf. This quote, and other talks taught me to not let little things distract from an eternal vision, Elder Stevenson's talk was about that too! General Conference was such a blessing this week! Watch it and set goals!   

The language is improving, slowly, but I can slowly see progress! 

Love, Sister Peterson




No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...