Wednesday 1 November 2017

As Sisters in Bi-Tech



OK I'm going to start off strong with a joke I heard this week. Sorry if it makes anyone uncomfortable, but I think it's hilarious/relevant: Did you know that diarrhea is a genetic disease? It runs in the jeans. 55555 I'm so sorry, I had to. 

This week we did a lot of service! We did service at a member's home where there was a lot of deep cleaning to be done! We found 3 tuu kee's (gecko lizard things that can bite off flesh because their jaws lock, they make squeaky toy sounds, look them up, I hear them at night when we walk home sometimes) anyways so our kon thai elder and burmese elder (E. Wannasri & E. Ton) went around the house with brooms trying to get the tuu kee's. I had the glamorous job of cleaning up all of their poop because they must have been chilling in the house for a while! E. W& E. Ton also found a bunch of baby rats (in the house) and them being pranksters, and knowing that I would freak out, had me come "help" them and then all of the sudden I just see baby rats, and Elder Ton picks one up with chopsticks and comes towards me with it. Naturally I ran screaming, all while Elder Wannasri was videoing. Good one. It was actually really funny but really freaked me out!!! 555 Mom, remember that one time we had 1 mouse in our house and we were screaming and terrified trying to catch it but we couldn't haha, well, imagine like 3-5 lizards that bite, and then a bunch of freshly birthed rats in the kitchen!!! AHHH! Haha the member was pretty chill and didn't think anything of it. 

  
On the 26 was the King's cremation ceremony. It was amazing seeing the country come together to remember him. There was just a sea of people all in black. 

We had the opportunity to do service and hand out water bottles to everyone! We even ran into some other Sisters.  Catholic Sisters, 555 I wanted a picture with them so bad, we went up to them and said "Hello Sisters! We're Sisters too!" (in Thai of course) They were a little confused but were nice!

I have been trying top work on charity this transfer, because the scriptures say that I'm nothing without it. I try to do what it says in Moroni 7:45-48, but I feel like what I get are instead OPPORTUNITIES to be charitable, and it can be hard, not gonna lie! However, I know that those are important defining moments, and if I choose charity, I will be given more!

Love you all! Pray for charity will all your heart! 

Love, Sister Peterson

PS Happy Halloween! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...