Monday 19 March 2018

There is sunshine on my face today🌻






36 C but feels like 42 C was the temperature today. It has been so hot lately. Next month will only get hotter. Yay Thailand! 

This week the highlight was last Monday night when we went to our appointment with our beautiful investigator family and we saw a picture of the temple hanging up in place of where they used to have a cross. I stopped in my tracks and almost cried in joy when I saw that. We had a lesson about Nephi building a boat and talked about faith requiring action, this family (Mew, Deck, and Kung) are full of faith. We made a plan of action with them for them to get baptized (there are a few things that need to take place before they get baptized but we hope that it gets figured out soon because they are so prepared and desire to be baptized!) 

The elders found this one lady earlier in the week and then referred her to us. We went to visit her, and we find this little shambled hut on stilts. We talked to her a little bit. She just had a baby like a week ago, and has another child that is 19 months old, her boyfriend is gone a lot, AND this woman is younger than I am. My heart went out to her. She seemed a little hesitant to talk to us, but said we could meet again. I hope we can teach her the plan of salvation so bad! She needs the hope this plan brings, we all do. 

On Saturday we had a day full of inviting and a determination to find someone! Someone that will receive us! It's always hard to just do straight inviting and not having a whole lot of appointments, but we kept going! We visited one member at her work and committed her boy to read the Book of Mormon everyday (you might have seen my post on Facebook. BTW you can all be friends with me on Facebook if you friend request me) but then after that I was thinking 'maybe we should just go back to the church' but my wonderful companion said 'Do you want to try to talk to some people over here before we go?' So we did and talked to everyone over there. And then we kind of had a pause and then I said 'ok let's try over here now for a little bit” so then we went a little farther and talked to all the people over there in that part of this little market. We got a few numbers too. We were getting pretty tired and thirsty, but then we went a little farther and turned a corner and we were able to talk to some more people and got a few more numbers and potential investigators. 
Biking home, Sister Pim and I were exhausted, but in the best way. It felt good to have worked hard. My face hurt from smiling all day. 

The Prophet is coming to Thailand, and this whole country (and Laos and Myanmar) are excited! We think the temple is coming soon! 

Pray to your Heavenly Father with all the energy of your heart that you will be filled with love! (Refer to Moroni 7:45-48) 

Love you all รักนะ 

ฃิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน

1. Deck and little Mo trying to download the gospel library app
2. Biking on a busy bridge after working hard on Saturday. 
3. Eating with our investigators 
4. Baptism schedule we did with them 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...