Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Office 🗻





Right now I'm on a passenger train going to Lopburi for a hike! I'm really excited. 

MOTHERS DAY: I will be skyping again next week. Mom, Dad, let me know what time works best for you. I can skype for 30-40 min.

This week has been great! I feel like the Lord really blessed us this week. I also feel satisfied with the work and effort I put forth - it wasn't perfect, but it was better!! Yay! Improvement! 

My bike makeover: My bike has been having all sorts of problems the last few weeks. Constant flat tires every few hours (alternating tires), the turning axle (is that even what it's called?!) Being stiff and making it hard to turn, my seat moving out of place whenever I stop my bike to try to talk to someone, my kick stand wobbly (therefore my bike would always fall down), with every pedal comes a 'clink' sound, and I have to hold my bikes basket together with zip ties. With all of these woes, we went to go get my bike fixed! The man was very nice and just fixed everything with my bike! I can stear my bike safely now, the kickstand works, my tires were great. Then the next day after I got my bike all fixed up, one of my tires went flat again. It was the worst. Yay bike trials! I also think one of my breaks needs to be replaced now too. 

The office: With all of my bike drama, we were around the bike shop a lot this week, so we went inviting, or contacting in an area we normally don't go, which is good! We were talking to people and we walked past some people who were going for their lunch break. I started talking to one man who looked like he was about to go for his break. I tell him that I'm a Christian missionary. He didn't seem too interested but was friendly. Seeing that he wasn't too interested I was about to wrap up the conversation, but before I did I asked him for a referral - like I ask every other person I talk to - and instead of the normal reply of "no I don't know anyone that is interested" he said "oh yeah I have a friend that's interested, just a second I'll go get him!" He runs back into the office, gets his friend, they were both on their lunch breaks so they invite us into the office (which looks like the TV show inside) and they sat down, gave us water bottles, and said "ok, share your message." Sister Smith and I were like "uh... what?" After a split second of trying to believe what was happening, we started right into teaching the Restoration! "This message is about a loving Heavenly Father, who is God. Because God loves us He has called Prophets to guide us in this life..." We taught them how to pray, gave them a commitment and set a return appointment. I'm so grateful that I have gotten into the habit of asking everyone for referrals, because it actually payed off this week! Now we just have to get some more of the members on board with giving referrals, because that is honestly the best way to do missionary work - member referrals. 

Prayer recording: we had a new investigator who was so excited to learn about prayer, that she insisted on recording Sister Smith's prayer, and then she said her own prayer. We had to clarify several times that we do not believe in recited or memorized prayers in our personal prayers. I'm so grateful that prayer has been a basic part of my life. This week I have learned more that the gospel has been such a blessing in my life, and I am grateful for it everyday. 

A man we contacted had a pomegranate tree. He gave us one. Its crazy to be that they just grow here so easily! Thailand is so beautiful. We just finished a hike and I felt like I was in the middle of the Planet Earth documentary. There were monkeys climbing the trees (which we try to avoid) and the most amazing view. 

I love this Gospel. I know that Christ is the only way we can return to live with Heavenly Father again in eternal families. This message is so important.  

Love, ซิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...