Monday 27 August 2018

Running in the Rain

So much has happened this week. Went on 2 switch offs, my companion took the Michigan test, and there is so much work to do. And it really is WORK! 55 I am tired, but happy. I found myself running from the church to the MRT station in the rain several times this week, and just feeling so so happy. In those moments I wish my life was a movie because the rain pours so hard and there are the lights from the city and it's just so cool. 

We have such good people learning the gospel right now. One cute person learning is named Bee and she always asks the most sincere questions. My favourite question she asks is "Sisters, when are we going to meet again to learn?". 

This last Sunday I was able to go to the Sacrament Meeting in the International ward because we had a part member family go that I translated (but this time English to Thai), and it was so cool hearing talks in English! The bishop gave a talk and he is this really funny Scottish guy. Its was just cool.

We have been taking President Hammond's daughter Haylee out doing work with us several times a week, and in one lesson, we were teaching an investigator the Sabbath Day. I invited Haylee to share her testimony about the Sabbath day. She would say a few lines, and I would translate. I liked how it was different, different as in it was 'traditional missionary' explanation. I learned from that that there are many different ways to explain, to bear testimony that will equally touch the hearts of the people. So something I am trying to work on is "breaking from the mold" of traditional missionary work (while still following the spirit and guidance from Mission president). My gist in this whole ramble is I am going to try to be more creative in the work that I do, use all my resources, etc. So if any of you who read my emails, send me some of your ideas of things that worked for you on your mission (or just in life) that was something different than the "norm". (Not that the norm is bad) 

Sister Peterson 





Photos
1. Switch offs with Sister Christensen (who's Dad is from Welling - this world is so small) and my child Sister Pimsuwan!! 
2. It was some sort of Korean pop star's birthday the other day, and all of his fan club were at the MRT station lighting a special birthday cake for him and were basically worshipping him. *facepalm* A crowd of 15-22yr old girls were there all day. 
3. Sister Christensen and I contacted at this way way way rich neighbourhood. No one was home (wrong timing, we'll go back another time) but this was one of the houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...