Monday 13 November 2017

Mary had a little... dog... in her purse... at church


Thai kids are the cutest!



Hey everyone! I have pictures this week! 
The King's flower is the marigold, so this whole country has been covered in them! It's so pretty!
Last Tuesday we had a Zone Conference with Elder Evans (he gave a talk last priesthood session, look it up).  He came and gave us some really good training that I feel was really inspired. He pretty much called us to repentance to focus on what is most important - strengthening the church and the members here, and from that springs baptism along the way. I love it because this week, after following this council I already feel like a better representative of Jesus Christ, and I'm not in people's face's, annoying them as much. It's an adjustment, but there are promised blessings, so it will be good! 

So, Mary.... She's an LA that makes me laugh. She came to church with her little puppy in her purse and follows the elders around. Haha poor Elders. 

I had a tender experience in RS yesterday. The lesson was on missionary work. The elderly Sister teaching the lesson at one point brought up that missionary work isn't easy. Then she asked me directly "Sister, are you comfortable? Is missionary work comfortable?" I replied, "Well, no. It's hard."  "Then why are you smiling? See everyone, she's smiling." and I replied in simple Thai, "Because the gospel gives me happiness" and then the room kind of went silent, and my eyes started to well with tears. She said: "That right Sister." Another elderly lady behind me put her hand on my shoulder, and I patted her hand.  I am so grateful for that tender experience. I love the old Thai ladies in the ward! 

I love Thailand and The Gospel, and the people! 

Read the scriptures! They are true!

Love, 

Sister Peterson




No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...