Tuesday 28 November 2017

"Talking to you sisters is better than talking to Siri." Nov. 20/17






Compliment of the week. That made me feel real good. At least she knows that talking to the missionaries is a good thing. 

This week has been great! I have seen miracles and have been content! 
We had switch offs this week and I was able to learn from Sister Hammon for a day. I love the focus on strengthening the members and getting referrals from them. It's slow getting started. but I believe the referrals will have a snowball effect. 
I contacted someone this week who overheard my companion speaking Thai to a member we are working with as we were leaving the apartment building. This guy was surprised at how good her Thai was, and I happened to notice, so I told him that we were missionaries (like how I normally invite) and he said "Oh I actually want my kids to be Christian" so he had an appointment and he brought his entire family! it was awesome! There was grandma, all the way down to a 2 month old! I hope that they continue to investigate! I love being able to teach families! 
One of our investigators who is preparing for baptism brought one of his friends to learn with us. We had a member there who is really good at piano, so we sang a hymn with him and his friend, and she cried! And then she cried the whole rest of the lesson when we taught the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement. It was amazing to see our investigator teach his friend how to pray and have him bear his testimony. To all of my missionary friends: Ask your investigators for referrals. It is the coolest thing! 
We had a surprise birthday party for a brother in the ward! He was so so so happy! 

I love being a missionary! My Thai is coming slowly. I have transfers next week so I will talk to you all on Wednesday! Read the Book of Mormon! 

Love, 

Sister Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...