Monday 11 December 2017

Christmas and Commandments

I am so excited for Christmas! I really miss the snow and it doesn't look like Christmas here, but one of my favourite songs to sing along the streets in Bang Na, Bangkok is "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" or "Walking in a winter wonderland". I am also taking the wonderful opportunity and talking to people about Christmas! They usually don't respond as enthusiastically as me because seeing as Thailand is mostly Buddhist and don't do anything for Christmas and like songkran better (holiday in April -it's like a big water fight. Google it) but Christmas is the best!! Christmas means so much more to me now that I am teaching people about it and it's true meaning. 
We had Zone Conference last Friday and we had a turkey dinner and had cookies and milk and watched a movie and then had training and Sister Johnson did Christmas games with us and Christmas caroling. She gave a talk about the little drummer boy. I feel like him. I am just a little missionary and have so little to give Christ. But the little drummer boy asks if he can play his drum for the baby Jesus because that is all he can give. He plays his very best, and he maybe messed up a few times, but then Jesus smiled at him. So like the drummer boy I want to try my very best, and even if I mess up (when I mess up) he will still smile at me. This is something that I am slowly learning on my mission. I feel like there is nothing more that I want than to have Jesus Christ smile at me. Read Enos' last words. 
A common theme this week has been teaching the commandments to investigators. The commandments are given to BLESS US. This is something that is very hard to get across. I know and have a testimony that if he keep the commandments, we are following Jesus Christ. I love you all! Love, 
ฃิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน 







No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...