Wednesday 27 December 2017

Meriii Christmad นาค่ะ !!

This week has been so good! I have felt the Christmas spirit even in Thailand where I come across at least 1 or 2 people a day who don't know what Christmas even is or they will say to me "No Christmas is only for foreigners, I'm Thai so it's not for me." To which I reply, "no Christmas is for everyone! Everyone can have Christmas!" And then I proceed to try to explain about the birth of Jesus and how He is the way we can have hope in life. And then I would invite them to the Christmas party (or try to haha). I guess our Christmas enthusiasm paid off (not really it was all God's doing) because we had close to 20 investigators/former investigators/potential investigators at the party!! 8 of which came to church the next day.
 The Christmas party was done so well! The members did such a good job. I had the distinct feeling that many people there had felt the true spirit of Christmas for the first time at the activity. I felt so grateful to just be a part of it. A small part is inviting people and making them feel welcomed. That is one of the greatest things someone can do for another person - I think. Be a friend and make them feel welcomed. 😊 There were recent converts just glowing with excitement. Oh I loved it! The activity also made me miss home a little bit but the members here are so great and make me feel like this is my home. I will be so sad when I leave บางนา Bang Na. 
On Sunday, Christmas eve, our darling investigator got baptized!! 🐳 อิ๋ว (Ew) is a 22 year old university student with the best smile 😊. I was so happy for her. She wasn't sure if she had enough knowledge but she had enough faith. She helped us teach another investigator who is struggling with the word of wisdom, and she said "it was hard to change, but I wanted to keep the commandments so my family can be together forever." So amazing!
Christmas eve night our district of ten missionaries did a gift exchange and made pancakes with sister นิว. The gift I got (from an elder who thought he was really funny) was a hat (bought in Thailand) that said 'real American cowboy' ha. Ha. Ha. It was actually pretty funny. But then sister Feldman gave me pajama pants that were Canadian themed!!! Bought in Thailand too! Hahaha it was the best. 
Today for christmas (p day!!!) we woke up at 5:30 to open our gifts!! And then went to President and Sister Johnson's house for their open house. It was so nice to be in a western style house and to visit with them and other missionaries and to eat western food too! Then we went to a trampoline park. It was sweet. 

Right now I'm on a bus in central Bangkok on our way to our appointment with the Bishop and his family! 
I had the opportunity this month to read Mark this month and I have learned a little bit more about Christ. 
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Love, ฃิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...