Wednesday 10 January 2018

There's no need to be a scrub!

Ever since serving with Sister Ballif, the word 'scrub' has been added to my vocabulary. It's perfectly ok because it's a direct quote from President Hinckely from a while ago... you can go look it up. So yeah, no being scrubs you guys! 
Exciting news: TRANSFERS! I will sadly be leaving Bang Na (southern Bangkok), and going about an hour north of Bangkok in Ayutaya. I will be follow up TRAINING a คน Laos. I am so excited and nervous too! 
My dear Pakistani investigators made me a beautiful Pakistani dress. "Oh yes sister you will look beautiful. Oh no you can't wear it like that. Not beautiful." I will miss them and the other investigators and members. 
We had a really funny sports night on Friday... a recent convert calls us and says she's bringing some of her friends to the church, and we're thinking "great! We'll teach them!" But it turns out it was a few middle aged women who were trying to sell us shape wear... yeah my poor companion, they get her to put it on, so she goes in the bathroom and puts it on over her sports clothes and then they try to convince her to buy it and then they put these weird tight socks on me and so 2 ladies are trying to hike up these socks on me and I was trying to not bust out laughing and fall over. Yeah it was way awkward telling then that we indeed did not want to buy shape wear from them. But if they wanted to come to church on Sunday they could! 

On Saturday, one of our former investigators found out that I would most like be leaving Bang Na so she took is out to dinner (we tried to get her to investigate and come to church again haha) but she wore a Canadian dress haha!  
Saying goodbye to the people here has and will he really hard. I am understanding more and more already the statement "you will cry more leaving your mission then leaving home" or something like that... I'm not that good at quoting but oh well. 

A scripture that my district leader shared in district meeting that I really liked was in 2 Thessalonians 5 
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit

I'm trying all I can this month to not quench the spirit. I know that this is God's work and that I cannot do it without the help of the Holy Ghost. 

Love, 

ฃิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...