Wednesday 14 February 2018

Birthday Miracles



Right now I'm riding in a van back to Ayutthaya and am passing through some beautiful Thai country side. Endless palm trees and rice fields. This week I had been focusing on having more faith to find. Find those who God has prepared, because God has prepared people, we just need the faith to find them! Having faith - real, deep, powerful faith is hard sometimes!! But with it, and some time, comes miracles. 
Some of my favourite moments this week: we went to a little restaurant after teaching an investigator with a member. The lady working there was by herself. We saw stacks of dishes = we saw a service opportunity. Thai people are super gracious and love being good hosts and do not normally accept help. So we didn't ask, we just asked were the soap was and we started washing this big stack of bowls. When the lady realized what we were doing she was floored "no no no no you don't have to do that!" She insisted that we stop. But we knew she needed the help so we begged her to let us keep washing her dishes "We love washing dishes so much, please let us wash them!" She finally gave in. 
The branch had a birthday party for all of the February birthdays this week, and they ordered a beautiful cake for me with a picture of me and my full name on it! Haha I almost cried when I saw it! 
The real birthday present came on Sunday where we had two people walk into church, wanting to learn more about Jesus Christ! Two of our other investigators came too! 

"Truth exists beyond belief, even if no one believes it." - Elder Uchtdorf 
I love that I can find truth in my life through prayer, study, faith, and the Holy Ghost. So many people don't know that there is actually truth in this world! I ask people where they think they came from, why they are here and where they are going, etc. And the response I normally get is "no one knows". But we DO know because God loves us. 

"As you examine your life during the ordinance of the sacrament, I hope your thoughts center not only on things you have done wrong but also on things you have done right—moments when you have felt that Heavenly Father and the Savior were pleased with you. You may even take a moment during the sacrament to ask God to help you see these things. If you do, I promise you will feel something. You will feel hope." President Eyring

Love ฃิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...