Friday 2 February 2018

English Camp and Giant Pigs



Disclaimer*: this week's email contains an account of our dealings with animals. Many animals. This week flew by.  So fast.  My greenie companion doesn't think so, but once you serve for a little bit longer things just fly by!  Speaking of flying, we had a bird make a nest, lay an egg, and sit right by out door this past week!  We would have to carefully open the door when we got home.  But the repair man came today to fix something and he threw the bird's nest away!  It was so sad I almost cried!
There are these little lizards called jingjoks that get into our house sometimes. Freaks me out. 
This week we had a service opportunity in a town about an hour away to do an English Camp (whatever that means) we thought we would just be teaching one of our normal English lessons but it turns out it was more like an assembly and ALL of the activities we had planned didn't really work. So the Filipino teachers took over and I ended up doing the hokey pokey on a stage in front of 400 kids. Yep. BUT, there was a miracle that happened! One of the Filipino teachers mom is a member of the church, and she had wanted her to find the church in Thailand! She is now one of our investigators! Sister Mittavong and I role play in English now to prepare for our lessons with her! 
I don't have much time but I have loved studying Mosiah 3:19 and studying the difference between the natural man and being a saint! Yay missionary work! We have to wake up way early tomorrow and go into Bangkok to do my companions visa. So early. 
Love you all!! Have a great week.!

ฃิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...