Wednesday 19 September 2018

Bee Yogurt Dream

You are probably wondering what happened this week with the title of my email :)
 Bee was just baptized this last Sunday and is such a pure soul! 
 Yogurt is a 12 year old, only member in her family who reminds me of my sister Emma, and we began teaching her mom this week. 
 Dream was an investigator of mine in my last area who was also baptized this last Sunday. 

There was a time on my mission where I felt doubtful about mine own abilities as a missionary, but I have learned over and over again that this isn't my work, but that it is God's and that nothing can stop God's work. Sister Bee came to the church by herself and was so prepared. When she passed her interview she ran out and gave me a big hug and then ran out of the church with her hands in the air rushing off to work haha.
 Someone else taught and baptized (at that time) 11 yr old Yogurt, who's mom is now learning and wants to learn more about how her family can be together forever and temples. 
Dream, like Bee was so prepared, and she really made sure she was ready and commited to her decision. On the day she got baptized, she messaged me and said "Today is my day! Thanks for inviting me to Christ, Sister" I couldn't reply right away, but that filled me with so much joy!! 

Our mission president at a missionary leadership meeting at the begining of the transfer talked about the difference about FUN and JOY. Fun is fleeting, and Joy is lasting. As I approach my last transfer, I determined to experience as much joy as possible through hard work and service :) I encourage you all to seek joy over fun. 

Love, Sister Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...