Wednesday 6 September 2017

Week 6 Transfers

I can't believe that this transfer if over and my mom is leaving me 😭 I will be leading this area บางนา with a follow up trainer. It's going to be interesting trying to find my way through this metropolis, but I am excited for the opportunity to stretch. I will miss Sis. Courchaine though. She has taught me a lot! 
This week I have eaten so much food. Last Monday we went with the YSA to go laser tagging! Then we had FHE with them at the church and we ate so much food. The bishop was there and he said to me (in thai so it had to be translated to me after) "You're going to get so fat by the end of your mission, your mom won't even recognize you anymore!" Thanks Bishop. Haha the people here are just so straight forward about weight and other stuff and it's not offensive. Haha I also got told by an older lady in the ward that I looked like an elder because my hair was pulled back in a ponytail "a hot elder though" she said after. 

Our Pakistani Family left back to Pakistan a few days ago. It was so sad saying goodbye. A.. started crying and said that we had helped her so much and that we were her shining angels this last month and a bit. She wants to find the church in Pakistan. I pray that she and her family will, and will be able to be baptized (they couldn't be baptized here because they didn't have visas). A.. (red shirt) is one of the most amazing women I have ever met! 




Another interesting thing happened yesterday. We were inviting along the way to go to our district meeting, and this man who wasn't Thai came up to us and asked us what we were doing (in English). I said that we are missionaries and teach about Jesus Christ. Turns out he was a muslim and has some very strong opinions about Christianity and said something about him loving Jesus more than me and not believing that he is the son of God, and was just trying to roast us. A lot of his "points" didn't even make sense and he just seemed so angry. I just smiled the whole time and just referred him to our website. It was really interesting for me, thinking about that encounter afterwards, because I have never really come across someone who had a problem with Jesus Christ himself. I would have thought that the persecution would be more geared towards the restoration, and more specifically being a latter day Saint, but it was interesting getting persecuted for "Christ's sake" like the scriptures say.  Yay! Persecution! Bring it on. 
Later that day, I was reading a quote from Elder Oaks (from his last general conference address) and it talked about the Godhead and how fundamental that belief is. He said something along the lines of "We know who we worship and why we worship." I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that because of Him we can be made clean from our sins and live again!

Another quote I read this morning: "If you're not reading the scriptures daily, your testimony is thinning" or something like that..... So, read them daily. There is real power and strength that comes from the Book of Mormon. Scripture reading time should be set aside time, not left over time. 

Love you all! This next week is going to be interesting! 

Love Sister Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...