Monday 26 February 2018

Learning Northern with my new companion




 
สวัสดีค่ะ I am so sorry about last week’s email! I hope this one is more worth reading!
These past few days have been an adventure! We got the call that Sister Mittavong was being transferred and I would be training again - except a brand new missionary which came as a shock! I was sad about Sister Mittavong leaving... But... 
My darling new companion is probably the cutest human being I have ever met. Sister Pimsuwan (or Sister Pim) is from Chiang Mai! She left her family and home and came straight to the mission office and then went with me back to Ayutthaya. She will go to the MTC next month. She is so brave and has a great attitude! She makes really good food and today she made Kow Soi which is a really good red curry northern Thailand dish. I'm going to learn how to cook northern and speak northern!!! (They have a different dialect in the north like how they do in the Eesan) 
This week I was feeling stressed about leading and planning and training, but when I turned to the Book of Mormon, a lot of my concerns didn't appear as big or hard. The Book of Mormon has power to help up us! God has power to help us! 
A miracle that we saw this week was this: we stopped by the Branch President’s house to tell him about our investigators and asking him to help give rides. We then asked if there was anyone that he would like for us to visit. He told us the name of a less active young woman and asked if I had ever heard of her. I hadn't. So we told him we would try to find her! The next day some members were coming with us to visit another less active member, and I had asked them if they knew this young woman. They did and so I got her number and called her. She said she wasn't home. We went to go visit the other less active (who I have visited several times) and the members (Sister Saw and Sister Pleng) point out the house of the less active young woman. I had passed that house many times and had no idea she lived there. We went over and it turns out that she was home. We talked with her and found out that she was baptized when she was young with her mom, but then her mom died shortly after and she never went back to church. She didn't even remember how to pray! So we taught her again! Amazing things happen when we work with members! This young women is like a new investigator (who has already been baptized). I hope we can bring her back and teach her friends! Pray!! 
Every day is an adventure! I love being a missionary! Yes it is stressful and hard, but at the same time I have the feeling or the sense that what we missionaries are doing is the work of God. :) I know that Jesus Christ is the way, and the ONLY way for all of us to make it back to live with our Heavenly Father. 

"You who may be momentarily disheartened, remember, life is not meant to be easy. Trials must be borne and grief endured along the way. As you remember that “with God nothing shall be impossible” (Luke 1:37), know that He is your Father. You are a son or daughter created in His image, entitled through your worthiness to receive revelation to help with your righteous endeavors. You may take upon you the holy name of the Lord. You can qualify to speak in the sacred name of God (see D&C 1:20). It matters not that giants of tribulation torment you. Your prayerful access to help is just as real as when David battled his Goliath."

ฃิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...