Saturday 14 April 2018

สงกรานต์ 🌊

Today is สงกรานต์ (Songkran) which means it's the Thai new year and they celebrate by having a big water fight! I am so excited! It also means we got Pday moved to today! We're going to play at the place that has Elephants here in อยุธยา Ayutthaya.  

This week we had an awesome English class! A bunch of moms and their little girls came so Sister Smith took the kids in a desperate class and pretty much did the English class like primary singing/sharing time. Haha it was way fun. Being a primary teacher before came in handy I guess! 

On Wednesday I switched off with Sister Shaw who is from my MTC group, so that was fun! I was able to lead her around Ayutthaya and we were able to make some great contacts with people and contact some LA's and invite them to go see the Prophet! Which is happening next week!! 

After switch offs me and my companions were more motivated and we had a great day yesterday working hard! We found two new investigators and found ways to serve people and were out working hard in the heat and sun. I saw this boy sitting on some sand bags. I try taking to him but he wasn't saying anything back. We asked some more questions about what he was doing and he was moving them from one store to another little ways down. So, we just started helping him hauling sand bags running back and forth it was way fun! He didn't really respond to our message that we tried to share with him afterwards, but we still served him. 

Lately I've been wiping the hands and faces of little kids here. There was this one little kid who's mom my companions were talking to so I started talking to the kid. She was a girl but had short hair and was dressed like a boy. Her hands were so dirty. I poured my water over her hands and taught her how to properly wash her hands and then put hand sanitizer on her hands but they were still so dirty. She also had a sore on her hand. Thankfully I had rubbing alcohol and bandaids in my bag. I told her to wash her hands every time she goes to the washroom. Then I gave her a sticker and some candy. It's crazy how kids respond to just a little bit of attention and someone who will take time to talk to them and show a little bit of love. I see a lot of kids here who their parents or whoever is the person looking after them doesn't quite do that. It makes me so grateful for my parents and how loving and caring they were and at least made sure I had healthy food to eat and made sure I washed my hands and wiped my face when I was little! It sounds so basic, but not everyone does it, or takes care of children like that. I feel like my call as a missionary is so much more than just talking to people about where the church is and that we teach about Jesus Christ, but that we are to be like Christ and minister and serve the people, as well as talk to them, even the little children. 

I think this week the times that I felt the spirit most is when I was wiping the face of a little kid, or trying my best to serve an elderly woman. The gospel in action I guess! 

Love you all! 

ฃิสเตอร์พีเตอร์สัน


No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...