Tuesday 12 June 2018

Little Moments




A lot of good things happened this week, it's hard to remember them all and its also hard to put these experiences into words (especially in English because I feel like I speak English weird now). 

We had a really good lesson with a recent convert and her mom who is now learning the gospel. She was willing with no hesitations to keep the 10 commandments! I am so happy. Now we will just have to help her with the keeping the commitment part! 

We are teaching a lady who's daughter is actually a missionary at Temple Square. This lady misses her daughter and wants to know more about the message that her daughter is teaching others. She is awesome. She doesn't know a lot about Jesus Christ, but when we read the classic and amazing Alma 7:11-13 verses, she 'got it'. There was a moment where it made sense to her, I could see it in her eyes. Where I could see that she understood just a little bit more about who Jesus Christ is and what He has done for her. I know that Jesus Christ is waiting for us to "come unto" Him. I know that because of the Atonement, or suffering, that Jesus Christ went through was for each of us. We all sin and make mistakes. Through Jesus Christ, we can be forgiven, if we have faith, repent, are baptised, and endure to the end. I hope that this dear woman will ponder the scripture that she read, and want to know more about this heavenly being, her older brother, who loves her so much! 

We had the opportunity to go to a dear woman's house far away. A dear woman who has a lot of trials and hasn't been to church in a very long time. This woman has a child who is severely handicapped, naughty little neighborhood boys who run through her house, and dogs who come in her house because they are not afraid of her. Wow. It was so humbling and I felt so sad for this lady. She CLEARLY had a lot of things around her house and garden that would make a good service project. When we asked her what we can do you help her, she just very quietly and humbly said "can you Sisters pray that I can go to church somehow in the near future? I want to take the Sacrament." Out of everything she could have asked for, she just wanted us to pray so that she can go to church again. I did tell her that we would be back and that we would come and weed her garden and cut some trees down. One of the naughty street dogs that got into her yard killed one of the chickens and she just looked at it and sighed and then said "well, I guess we'll eat this for dinner." as she picked it up. I was mad at this dumb dog and wanted to shoo it away, but she just made the best out of the situation. What an example! 

I bore my testimony! I love bearing my testimony. It makes me feel happy in my heart. 

Missionary work, is hard. But God blesses me with the eyes to see every now and then little moments where I can feel a little of His love for His children and moments that are humbling that leave me a slightly different person. 

I love looking at rice fields. So beautiful. I love Thailand. 

Love, 
ซิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...