Wednesday 6 June 2018

Sister Peterson and the Giant Jackfruit





This week, there has been so much going on. We have had jam packed crazy days, there is so much work to do! 

I'll start off with a fun story:
We went to visit a dear old single sister in the branch this last week. She was so excited that we visited her, and asked if she could come with us to teach an investigator. As we were walking this sweet sister back home, she sees a man in his front yard about to leave his house. She pointed at the tree and then told the man to give us some fruit from his tree. Before I knew what was going on, this man comes out with THE BIGGEST FRUIT I HAVE EVER SEEN. He struggled to carry it. And then Sister Chuwen says to put it in our bike basket. She had a proud smile on her face as we walked away with the giant Ka-noon Jackfruit). We didn't know what to do with this 20 Kg thing so we asked a branch member to cut it up, and we ate it at the following sports night. 

Bike drama: Sister Gagarin's bike tire was getting a little low, so we stop and ask a guy to pump up our tires. Mine were fine, but he did mine anyways... he filled my tires so much until my tire EXPLODED like a gunshot. We were on foot after that. Yay! Curveballs in our schedule! He gave me a REALLY good deal on my new tire though. 

We were walking at a university (which usually has more people, but its on break right now I think so there are only a few) but we hear this sound kind of like a bad violin. We turn the corner, and there is this girl trying to play a traditional Thai instrument. She was wearing bottle cap glasses and was more than happy to show me how to play this instrument that she had just started learning herself. We were able to tell her about Heavenly Father and prayer and about Jesus Christ. It was a really good conversation. It turns out that she's actually going back home to a different province and won't be coming back for a while. So sad. 

We had Stake Conference and Zone conference in Roi Et last weekend, and it was so good. This last week the Elders found this girl from Cambodia who was baptized 5 months ago and didn't know there was a church here! Her name is TingTing and she came to stake conference and tried her best to speak Thai with all the members in the branch. She made friends fast, which is one of the best things to see as a missionary. We are currently teaching one of her friends who is from Cambodia here on scholarship. It will be interesting teaching in English. 

Zone conference: I learned so much (Sister Johnson gave a recap of it on Facebook, y'all can check it out and then friend me on my mission Facebook ก็ได้ 

My favourite past time while riding my bike is using no hands!! I went like 5 min on the side of a highway without using my hands (I know that sounds dangerous, but I feel safe... most of the time :P) 🚲🚲🚲 woo hoo! 

I have been experiencing these little moments more and more often lately, where I feel love and charity towards people very strongly. Where I feel I get a glimpse of just how much God loves them for just a second. I feel it when I listen to people express concerns and feelings, or when I'm testifying about the Book of Mormon. These little moments or glimpses are tender mercies for me. 

Another tender mercy happened. We were weekly planning, when all of the sudden a random number calls us. A woman asks if we were LDS "yes!" We respond. She then asks "How can I start learning about your church?" Mine and Sister Gagarin's mouths drop. We assured her that she called the right number. We have a plan to meet this woman tomorrow. Isn't that amazing? 

I love the Thai people so so much. The members here are so cute and willing to help! Everyone back home: go help the missionaries (or meet with the missionaries if you haven't yet!), go do your ministering, take that challenge that President Nelson gave to all the teenagers (but applicable to all) in the last Youth Devotional! I promise that you will be happy and will see miracles in your life. 

God loves you!



Love, ซิสเตอร์ พีเตอร์สัน

No comments:

Post a Comment

My joy is full

Well, this is it. I can't believe that a year and a half has come and gone. This was such a good week though!!  "F...